MORryde’s StepAbove RV Entry Step offers bounce-free, wobble-free stability. The top step is wider for safe and secure footing. The gradual step slope allows for full-foot placement on each step as you enter and exit your RV. The auto-deploy legs adjust and retract with a push of a button. The StepAbove stores securely inside the door entrance for easy access. The quick release hinge allows for easy removal in tight spaces or when the unit is in storage.
There are several measurements you’ll need to consider to determine if this StepAbove option will work for you:
- Make sure your RV is level.
- Measure from the top of your threshold to the ground to determine which step height you need.
- Check the factory label located on the side or edge of the door to determine which door width you need. If there is no label, measure inside at the base of the door from flange to flange (the narrowest part of the entry door).
- Measure the rise of your threshold. If it is greater than 3/4” or less than 5/8”, the door may not close properly.
- Measure the gap from the bottom of your entry and screen doors to the top of the threshold. This gap must be 3/8” to allow room for the hinge plate.
- If the back side of the door jamb has trim that protrudes, it may need to be notched to accommodate the latch on the step.
- If your door has a strut that prevents it from opening all the way, the step will hit the door. The strut must be removed for proper step installation.
- There must be at least 8” of clearance inside the doorway for the StepAbove to be able to fold up correctly.
- The skirting below the threshold cannot stick out more than 3/4”.
- If you purchased the optional handrail (sold separately), it may need to be removed before stowing the step if you don’t have 33” of clearance of on the left side.
- Aftermarket accessories such as a storm door or grab handle could cause interference with the step and may need to be removed or altered for proper installation of the StepAbove.